Cascade Snowgeek's Snowpack Observations

This blog is a posting of the snow conditions that I have found. In no way is this to ensure safety or predict conditions. All that is promised or implied is the snow conditions of my test plot at the moment when observations were made.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Yodlin 061223


A most interesting day out there.
Two noteworthy issues, first was a tempature gradient.
At 10 CM -3.9 C
At 20 cm -5.7 C
After that it became more normalized 0.2-0.3 C every 10 cm

The second and perhaps more important was a clean, high quality shear at 160 cm, yes that was 160 cm with a CTM with a score of 19. Now that is scary and pretty remarkable. That layer seems to be pretty well bridged right now, but if something changes it could get really ugly, really ugly. I would suspect that is is isolated in pockets and it would take a huge warming cycle to make this happen.


I am still getting the hand of the new Snowpilot software and there are a few errors that I need to figure out how to fix. I also have a few wish lists in terms of what I would like to see this software do. But it is a hell of a lot prettier than my fieldbook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter